Our Revolution Massachusetts (ORMA) Newsletter #11 – November 19, 2017November 12, 2017 Our Revolution Massachusetts Members in Quincy, Massachusetts
Note: Please send feedback to newsletter@OurRevolutionMA.com. What’s going on in your part of the state? Let us know by sending event details or articles of interest. If you’d like to join the Communications team as a roving reporter or social media contributor, send an email to newsletter@OurRevolutionMA.com.
Transition |Volunteering | Affiliates
Our Revolution Massachusetts (ORMA) members came from everywhere in the Commonwealth to get a big job done. The Ratification Congress gathered on Sunday, November 12th at the SEIU headquarters in Quincy, Massachusetts. Over 120 members of ORMA toiled for over five hours to construct a cohesive group by voting on an Organizational Structure hammered out by an ORMA Transition Team. Of the three models of governance, the Representative Council (RC) model was finally chosen and ratified at this Congress. In addition sixteen amendments were submitted in writing by members with time allowed for pro and con proponents to speak before voting. The recognized importance of what needed to be done kept a healthy attendance until the last ballot was cast. The rules of the day led to an acceptance that a supermajority vote prevailed. Amendments 1,6,7,11,12,14 passed. The General Assembly, Representative model surpassed with a 60% vote.
At the end of this long day, a general positive feeling pervaded the room. Participants mingled with attendees from various parts of the state, ended with a unity circle, and a strong acceptance of what had been accomplished. Filling slots and bylaws will be needed between now and a January Congress to present an operational governing organization. (See Transition block below for links to the election process.)
For an assessment of how the day went, attendees were interviewed before and after the meeting. Those recordings are featured in an upcoming article.
We want to hear from you!
- Have a question, comment or concern? Email: email@example.com
- Want to support one of ORMA’s fundraising targets? Donate here.
- Want to promote an event or see an event near you? http://ourrevolutionma.com/calendar/
- Have a submission for the next newsletter? firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and tag us: @OurRevolutionMA & #OurRevMA.
- To sign up for All Volunteer Action (AVA) statewide actions https://timecounts.org/ourrevolutionma
- To join ORMA Discussion Group! Go to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/orma-discuss
- Visit our website OurRevolutionMA.com for updates, past newsletters and archives.
Do you have a submission* for the newsletter? Email email@example.com
* submissions edited for content and space