Our Revolution Massachusetts (ORMA)
Newsletter #5: 8/21/17
View detailed reports about the Transition Team’s launch
meeting and post-launch trajectory, including interviews of some of the
new leadership. Read about ORMA’s new Fundraising Campaign
& All Volunteer Action program.
Contents: Endorsements | Initiatives | Transition | Actions | Affiliates | Opportunities
- Safe Patients Limits Ballot Initiative: MA Nurses Association (MNA) Nurse Staffing Standards for Hospital Patient Safety and Quality Care Act. See Press Release.
- Raise Up Coalition: to Raise the Minimum Wage and ensure statewide Paid Family Medical Leave. See Overview and Signature Drive FAQ. Sign up to volunteer.
- ORMA Endorses Paul Feeney: for State Senate. See Press Release. Sign up to join ORMA statewide volunteers to call voters to support Paul’s candidacy.
State-Wide OR Initiatives
- All Volunteer Action: Read about a new ORMA service to collect, tag, and recruit volunteers for statewide and affiliate actions. Sign up for what you want to help with.
- Fundraising Campaign: Campaigns End – Successful Revolutions Endure, launched this week, funds the Founding Convention and operating expenses. Please donate.
- The #PeoplesPlatform: is 8 bills pending in the US House. Summer for Progress, an OR National initiative supported by ORMA, demands Democrats support all 8.
Transition Team News
- Launch Meeting Report: a brief article about how the ORMA Transition Team formed, who the working group leaders are, and how to contact them.
- Post-Launch Trajectory: an in-depth article about what happened after the launch meeting, issues under consideration, calls for participation, and upcoming decisions.
- Member Interviews: interviews by Andrea Burns. Compiled perspectives of Chris Braiotta, Jeannette Rivera, Matthew Miller, Penelope Jennewein, and Garret Whitney.
Affiliates and Field News
- Affiliate News: Featuring OR Concord and Franklin County CPR.
- Field Team News: Recruitment Training: a recent bi-weekly Affiliate Training call.
- What’s Field? The Field team is an arm of ORMA and your first stop with questions on how to get started as an Our Revolution Massachusetts affiliate group.
- Field holds Thursday team building online meeting for existing and new affiliates. Contact email@example.com for more details or find an affiliate near you.
- Field helps new affiliates get started by co-planning local and state actions and first meeting events. To start a group near you, email Peter Corbett, Coordinator
Volunteer Staff Opportunities
- Web Content Manager: Responsible for updating OurRevolutionMA.com. Must know WordPress. If interested, email us with subject “Web Manager”.
- Support ORMA and Affiliate Actions: Visit All Volunteer Action, a one-stop shop for volunteer opportunities throughout Massachusetts.
We want to hear from you!
Do you have a submission* for the newsletter? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
* submissions edited for content and space limitations.
- Question, comment or concern about ORMA? Email email@example.com.
- Support one of ORMA’s fundraising targets: http://ourrevolutionma.com/donate.
- Want to promote an event? Post to http://ourrevolutionma.com/calendar.
- Help with ORMA and affiliate actions? https://timecounts.org/ourrevolutionma.
- Following us on social media? Tag us: @OurRevolutionMA, #OurRevMA.
- Join ORMA Discuss: email ORMAdiscuss@googlegroups.com, subject “Join”.