Our Revolution Massachusetts (ORMA) was launched January 28, 2017 at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Worcester. Over 200 attendees came from all corners of Massachusetts, from the Berkshires to Cape Cod, with representatives from over 40 social and political action groups. It was a fantastic start and your continued participation will be critical to the success of the progressive movement in our state and nation.
ORMA is a state affiliate of Our Revolution, whose mission is to reclaim democracy for the working people of our country by harnessing the transformative energy of the “political revolution.”
On November 12, 2017, ORMA held its Ratification Congress and adopted it’s organizational structure, the Representative Council Model. The Representative Council (RC) was established in December 2017 and is composed of elected members from every Massachusetts local affiliate, caucus, and two unaffiliated representatives. The purpose of the Representative Council is to foster member, affiliate and caucus collaboration and guide the activities of Our Revolution Massachusetts (ORMA), as directed by membership.
Through supporting a new generation of progressive leaders, empowering millions to fight for progressive change and elevating the political consciousness, OR will transform American politics to make our political and economic systems once again responsive to the needs of working families.
Our Revolution has three intertwined goals:
- to revitalize American democracy
- to empower progressive leaders,and
- to elevate the political consciousness.
Our Revolution Massachusetts (ORMA) has four current objectives:
- Identify and involve existing regional affiliates.
- Identify and establish new local OR affiliates in all parts of the state.
- Build effective statewide grassroots-based infrastructure such as membership databases, communication networks, connecting local issue, task, and action groups, and coordinating leadership between groups and liaisons to the ORMA state committee.
- Establish new working committees to coordinate ORMA’s path forward. See this page for our working committees and meet our Representative Council (RC).